Looking for a way to update your bathroom but don’t have a big budget? In this blog post, we’ll uncover 11 secrets that will help you get an affordable makeover without spending a fortune on it.
Remodeling your bath is a great way to increase the value and marketability of your home, but it can also be an expensive undertaking. This is why it is important to plan ahead and know what the costs are going to be for your bathroom project.
Budgeting For Your Bathroom Remodel
It can go without saying that you need a budget before you start planning this type of remodeling project, so here are a few tips to consider:
- Set a budget that you feel comfortable with. Know what your disposable income is. You can either save a portion of this each month until you have a budget that will accomplish the changes you require or you can put the remodel on credit and pay it off each month with your disposable income. If you do use credit, remember to factor in the interest.
- Be realistic with the budget you’ll need. There are a number of factors to consider such as the size, type, and age of your bathroom that will influence the overall cost of the project. The bigger and older the bathroom, the more expensive it will be to update. If you’re not sure what a reasonable budget is for your bathroom, start pricing items and services out until you have a good estimate.
- Don’t tackle too much at once. If you’re on a tight budget, it’s not a good idea to start ripping out tiles and tearing down walls. This will result in a bathroom that’s out of commission and you may run out of money before you finish it. Instead, take it one small task at a time, in a way that works with the funds you have on hand.
Tips on How to Give Your Bathroom A Makeover
Here are a few tips on how to give your bathroom a makeover without breaking the bank:
- Measure: Make sure to measure your bathroom before shopping for any new pieces of furniture, so you will know what size the items need to be or how many things can fit in your space. This will prevent you from overspending on the wrong sized items.
- Roller Blinds: Roller blinds are an easy, cheap way to update and refresh any room. They can be used as curtains or placed over existing windows to create new coverings for old frames. Place them at the top of your tub (if you have one) to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Repair Your Tub: A dated and dirty tub can bring down the whole look of your bathroom. Luckily, bathtub repair is a very low cost service that local professionals offer. Whether you need tub reglazing in Tampa, FL, Miami or Fort Lauderdale, this service ensures your tub will look brand new, in the color of your choosing, and last for a decade or more. It’s a great way to extend the life of your fixture without the cost and mess of replacement.
- Fresh Florals: If you want an instant update on the look and feel of your bathroom without spending too much money, place fresh flowers in a vase or tray.
- Paint the Walls: Adding a new coat of color will work wonders in any room. A bucket of paint goes a long way, so it will stretch your budget.
- Swap Finishes: Adding new hardware to your cabinets and drawers in a new metal finish or different style will update the room affordably.
- New Linens: Purchasing new towels, bath mats and rugs can tie the whole ambiance together.
- Add Art: Installing some artwork in the room will not only make it feel more personal and really transform the space without costing much.
- Recaulk Fixtures: Caulking your sink faucets, toilet and tub will freshen up their appearance as well. This is especially important if the caulk around your fixtures has become dirty or moldy.
These are just a few ideas for how you can get started making over your bathroom with a modest budget. With a little creativity and some elbow grease, you’ll be amazed at just how transformed your bath can look with very little investment.